Our workers' compensation lawyers represent state fund and self-insured employers in Ohio at both the administrative level and on appeal to the various courts of common pleas throughout the state. The primary goal in our representation of Ohio employers is to control their workers' compensation costs by preventing or eliminating long-term and short-term disability claims. That goal is accomplished by means of the following, as well as other, legal services:
- Representation of employers in contested claims before the Industrial Commission of Ohio throughout the State of Ohio.
- Development of "light duty" work programs designed to return injured workers to productive employment with temporary restrictions to avoid lost-time claims.
- Prompt and early claims management to ensure that only compensable claims are allowed.
- Continued pro-active claims management throughout the life of the claim to reduce or eliminate questionable medical treatment, such as long-term chiropractic care.
- Processing of handicap reimbursement applications in state fund claims when applicable.
- Cost containment through active and aggressive settlement negotiations.
Our lawyers in the workers' compensation practice group have extensive experience in representing employers at hearings in the various regional offices of the Industrial Commission throughout the entire state and, as a result, are very familiar with the hearing officers and claimants' bar throughout Ohio. They likewise are familiar with many of the medical providers who provide treatment in the workers' compensation arena in Ohio.
Our workers' compensation lawyers also have significant experience in representing Ohio employers successfully in defense of intentional tort litigation and in defending applications for additional awards of compensation for alleged violations of specific safety requirements (VSSRs).