Andrew L. McIntosh
Andrew L. McIntosh is a business and transaction lawyer having significant experience in advising individuals and business entities in a wide range of areas, including business organizations, mergers and acquisitions, securities, franchising and distribution, debt financing, joint ventures, commercial contracts, and trade. He is regularly consulted for advice regarding corporate governance matters and shareholder disputes. Andrew represents both lenders and borrowers.
Many of Andrew's clients are identified with renewable energies, green build and sustainable business initiatives.
As a member of the bars of both Ontario and Florida, Andrew provides representation to clients involved in cross-border and global business. He is a member of the firm's international practice group.
From 2005 to 2012, Andrew served as Honorary Consul of Canada for Florida, pursuant to the Government of Canada's "Enhanced Representation Initiative." He continues to provide contract services. His role has been to facilitate trade and investment activities through the Canadian Consulate General at Miami, assisting Canadian businesses with interests in Florida, and U.S. firms desiring to do business in Canada. He founded the Canada Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce. In recognition of his efforts on behalf of Canada, Andrew was awarded the Governor General's Visit Medallion.
Andrew is a co-founder of Cross Border Partners Advisory Services which provides project management and consulting services to businesses seeking to expand their platform through exports or direct investment. The work of Cross Border Partners compliments Andrew's law practice and supports efforts for the benefit of clients and the community as a whole.
Prior to joining Shumaker, Andrew was a partner for many years with an international law firm where he served as global desk partner for the Florida market.
- Recipient of the Governor General's Visit Medallion
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Honorary Consul for Canada, December 2005-2012
Professional and Community Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario Bar)
- Canada-United States Law Institute
- City of Tampa, Cultural Assets Committee Member and Vice Chairman
- City of Tampa, EB-5 Visa Task Force Member
- Sustainable Business Coalition of Tampa Bay, Inc., Chair, Board of Directors; Founding Member
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Citizen's Academy, Class of 2008
- Sustany Foundation, Board of Directors
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors, 2010-2013; Co-Chair International Business Committee; Leadership Tampa, Class of 2011
- Brookings Institute Metropolitan Export Exchange, Tampa Bay Exchange Steering Committee Member
- Tampa Bay Watch, Advisory Council Member
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation, Chairman, International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment Task Force
- USF Monsour Executive Wellness Center, Medical Advisory Board
Events and Presentations
|02.15.2017||USF St. Petersburg World Affairs Conference|
|February 2015||"Growing Global Conference," Speaker, Pasco County Economic Development Council|
|November 2013||"Association of Canadian Studies in the United States 23rd Biennial Conference and Panel Discussion," Panel Moderator|
|October 2010||"Sustainability in Business," Speaker, University of Tampa|
|2010||"International Business Summit," Speaker (2009, 2010)|
|November 2009||"Canada-Florida Trade: More than Tourists and Orange Juice," Speaker, Saint Leo University International Business Conference|
|2009||University of South Florida, MBA Program Guest Lecturer|
|December 2008||"Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Canada," Speaker, ACC Seminar|
|2008-2009||"Living Green," Presenter, Studio 10, a program of Tampa Bay's 10 WTSP TV, CBS affiliate in the Tampa Bay region|
|March 2007||"Canadian Franchise Disclosure," Speaker, Annual Meeting of the Florida Franchise Association, University of Tampa|
|July 1998||"On the Way to the 21st Century - The Year 2K Computer Problem: Medical & Legal Implications for Health Care Delivery," Speaker, The Florida Bar Health Care Section|
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, (Florida State University Law Review), 1990
- LL.B., Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada, (Queen's Law Journal; Queen's Senate), 1987
- B.A., Wilfrid Laurier University at Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, (WLU Board of Governors), 1984