We partner with a broad range of participants in this vast, complex industry, clearing away obstacles to help our clients grow.
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP maintains a sophisticated agribusiness and agriculture cooperative law practice. Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of the agriculture industry, enabling us to advise on matters as they arise and proactively help identify new opportunities.
Our agribusiness team is guided by a commitment to quality, reliability, and community. We build sustainable relationships with not only our clients, but also the third parties who have the most impact on our clients’ businesses. By doing so, we add value to your business and help it thrive.
Milton Hershey, founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company, said, “Give them quality. That’s the best kind of advertising.” We know that you rise early, work hard, and leave late into order to provide your customers with the highest quality products. You can count on us to match that commitment to quality and reliability, and to always make the interests of your business our highest priority.
- Agrichemical manufacturers
- Concentrated animal feeding facilities (poultry)
- Concentrated animal feeding facilities (dairy)
- Ethanol producers
- Fertilizer manufacturers
- Food processors
- Grain elevators
- Seed researchers and developers, manufacturers, and distributors
- Real estate transactions
- Government regulation and relations
- Environmental matters
- Intellectual property and licensing
- Commercial litigation and insolvencies
- Tax law
- Labor, employment, and immigration
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements to purchase, sell, transport, and store agricultural commodities
- Structure, negotiation, and drafting of customer and supply chain commercial agreements including sales, security, and financing agreements or facilities
- Incorporation of agricultural cooperatives