TOLEDO, OH – The law firm of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is pleased to announce that five of the firm’s attorneys have been named Partners of the firm, effective January 1, 2016.
New partners are: C. Victoria Knight-Alaee, Willard A. Blair, Cheri A. Budzynski, Lisa M. Hoffman, and Jason A. Smith.
- C. Victoria Knight-Alaee is a member of the healthcare practice group in the Tampa, Florida office. Victoria received her J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida and her B.S. from the University of South Florida. While at the University of Florida, Victoria was the Notes Editor for the Journal of Law & Public Policy.
- Willard A. Blair is a member of the corporate practice group in the Tampa, Florida office. Will practices primarily in the areas of corporate and securities law, and mergers and acquisitions. Will received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and his B.A. from the University of South Florida.
- Cheri A. Budzynski is a member of the environmental practice group. Her practice area has an emphasis on air and water issues that impact the industry and she has been involved in a range of environmental regulatory, permitting, and compliance issues. Cheri received her J.D., magna cum laude, from The University of Toledo College of Law. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology with an emphasis in Behavioral Neuroscience, from Bowling Green State University, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Lourdes College.
- Lisa M. Hoffman is a member of the litigation practice group in the Charlotte, North Carolina office. Her principal area of practice is medical malpractice defense. Lisa received her J.D. from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center and her B.S. in Communications from Appalachian State University. Prior to joining Shumaker, Lisa was an Assistant State Attorney with the Office of the State Attorney, Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- Jason A. Smith is a member of the intellectual property practice group. Jason concentrates his practice in the areas of patent application preparation and prosecution as well as opinion work and client counseling. Jason received his J.D. from the University of Florida, his M.S. from the University of South Carolina, and his B.S., summa cum laude, from Pfeiffer University.
* * *
Founded in 1925, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is a full service law firm with more than 245 attorneys practicing in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio; Tampa and Sarasota, Florida; and Charlotte, North Carolina.