TOLEDO, OH – The law firm of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is pleased to announce that five of the firm’s attorneys have been named Partner. The new partners are: Jeffrey S. Bernard, Peter E. Krebs, Nicholas D. Malone, Maria del Carmen Ramos, and Mindi M. Richter.
- Jeffrey S. Bernard is a member of the intellectual property practice group in the Charlotte, North Carolina office. Mr. Bernard concentrate’s his practice in the areas of patent application preparation and prosecution, as well as opinion work and client counseling. Mr. Bernard received his J.D. from Albany Law School and his B.S., cum laude, from Virginia Tech.
- Peter E. Krebs is a member of the corporate practice group in the Toledo, Ohio office. Mr. Krebs has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers of both public and private companies and in complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings and insolvency matters. Mr. Krebs is admitted to practice in Ohio and Illinois. He received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
- Nicholas D. Malone is a member of the corporate practice group in the Toledo, Ohio office. His principal areas of practice are mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, business formation, governance and funding and general corporate matters. Mr. Malone received his J.D. from Indiana University Bloomington and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
- Maria del Carmen Ramos is a member of the labor and employment practice group in the Tampa, Florida office. She devotes a substantial portion of her practice to counseling clients on immigration and employment matters. Ms. Ramos has been recognized as a Florida Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine. Ms. Ramos received her J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law and her B.A. from Yale University.
- Mindi M. Richter is a member of the intellectual property practice group in the Tampa, Florida office. Ms. Richter counsels clients in the areas of trademark selection, registration and protection, as well as trade secrets, copyright, patent, and internet matters and has experience in litigating intellectual property matters of all types. Ms. Richter is admitted to practice in Florida and Illinois. She has been recognized as a Florida Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine. Ms. Richter received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University Chicago School of Law and her B.A. from Indiana University.
* * *
Founded in 1925, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is a full service law firm with more than 225 attorneys practicing in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio; Tampa and Sarasota, Florida; and Charlotte, North Carolina.