Our lawyers provide a full range of services to assist foreign and domestic companies engaged in international business, to facilitate the movement of people, goods, services, and capital across international boundaries. We represent foreign and domestic clients on a variety of international business transactions including:
Selection and creation of appropriate business entities for conducting business in domestic or foreign markets.
Advice and implementation with respect to a variety of corporation transactions including business sales, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Consultation and implementation of a variety of commercial transactions including:
- Sales and distribution agreements
- Agency contracts
- Commercial leases
- Financing agreements or facilities
- Documentation for or agreements regarding credit enhancement, payment and security, including letters of credit
- Confidentiality and non-competition agreements
Consultation and advice with respect to compliance with applicable laws including:
- Domestic and foreign legislation or laws, and conflict of laws
- International treaties such as NAFTA, CISG (Convention for the International Sale of Goods) and GATT
- Trade regulations including INCOTERMS and UCP (Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits)
- Anti-dumping laws and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- International tax issues
- Export/import regulations
Consultation and representation with respect to cross border transfer of employees or personnel.
Patent and Trademark Protection
Advice and representation with respect to the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
International Commercial Arbitration or Litigation
Advice and representation with respect to disputes in US or foreign courts including advice on choice of forum, discovery in international disputes and enforcement of awards or judgments.