We help Ohio employers control their workers’ compensation costs.
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP represents self-insured and state-fund employers in Ohio at both the administrative level and on appeal to various courts of common pleas throughout the state. Clients rely on us to help them prevent or eliminate long-term and short-term disability claims.
Our experienced lawyers have successfully represented employers at hearings in the regional offices of the Industrial Commission of Ohio across the state. Clients benefit from our familiarity with the hearing officers and injured workers’ bar throughout the state and numerous medical providers who provide treatment in the workers’ compensation arena. In addition, we have a proven track record of success in representing Ohio employers in the defense of intentional tort litigation and applications for additional awards of compensation for alleged violations of specific safety requirements.
- Self-insured and state-fund employers in Ohio
- Representation of employers in contested claims before the Industrial Commission throughout Ohio
- Development of “light duty” work programs that return injured workers to productive employment with temporary restrictions to avoid lost time claims
- Prompt and early claims management to ensure that only compensable claims are allowed
- Proactive claims management throughout the life of the claim to reduce or to eliminate questionable medical treatment, such as long-term chiropractic care and pain management care
- Processing of handicap reimbursement applications in state fund claims
- Negotiating settlements to contain costs
- Defense of employers facing intentional tort litigation
Events and Presentations