We investigate, manage, defend, resolve, and litigate product liability claims.
All manufacturers, product distributors, and retailers—whether large Fortune 500 corporations or small regional companies—face the risk of product liability lawsuits that put their products and reputations on the line. Experienced Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP lawyers have a proven track record in guiding clients through the minefield of product liability litigation at local, state, and national levels.
Product liability defense does not start with a lawsuit. Instead, we believe that proactive efforts at preventing litigation can often be a client’s best defense, and we regularly counsel clients on strategies that can reduce the risk and burden of future litigation.
When litigation is unavoidable, our lawyers vigorously defend product liability suits. Our track record includes the successful defense of product liability cases involving pharmaceuticals, tires, custom machinery, furnaces, aircraft, glass containers, windows, roofs, and food products. Additionally, we serve as national discovery counsel for a pharmaceutical company in certain vaccine product liability cases and have served as regional trial counsel to a multinational tire manufacturer.
- Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders
- Regional companies
- Product manufacturers, distributors, and retailers
- Defending product liability cases
- Advising and representing manufacturers in connection with obligations under the Consumer Product Safety Act and its regulations, as well as reports, investigations, and recalls conducted by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Counsel on strategies for reducing the risk of future product liability claims