Jamie practices in the areas of business and personal injury litigation.
Jamie has extensive jury trial experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex tort and business cases. His practice also focuses on wrongful death, nursing home litigation, and mediation.
- Hope Academy v. White Hat Management, 2013 Ohio 931 (10th Dist. 2013) Trial Court discovery order compelling for-profit charter school operator to produce its internal financial records was upheld on appeal.
- Hope Academy v. White Hat Management, 2015 – Ohio – 3716 (Ohio Supreme Court 2015) Ohio Supreme Court rules for-profit operator of charter school owes fiduciary duties to school boards.
- Stephensen v. Guda (1995), Fourth Appellate District, 1995 Ohio App. LEXIS 1032. Defense counsel for psychiatrist and mental health clinic in medical malpractice trial. Verdict for defense upheld on appeal.
- Sedgwick v. Kawasaki Cycleworks, Inc. (1991), 71 Ohio App. 3d 117. Counsel for plaintiff in products liability-motorcycle case. $783,000.00 jury verdict upheld on appeal.
- Krieger Ford v. Chase Motors (1998), Tenth Appellate District, 1998 Ohio App. LEXIS 1866. Counsel for plaintiff car dealership in fraud and breach of contract action. Jury verdict for car dealership upheld on appeal.
- Weethee v. Boso (1989), Tenth Appellate District, 64 Ohio App. 3d 532. Defense counsel for City of Grove City in civil rights action. Directed verdict upheld on appeal.
- Gatchell v. Lawyer Title Insurance Corp. (1995), Tenth Appellate District, 1999 Ohio App. LEXIS 4140. Defense counsel for title insurance company with favorable decision upheld.
- Malik v. Central Ohio Disposal Co. (1989), No. 88AP-1169, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Tenth Appellate District, Franklin County, 1989 Ohio App. LEXIS 3689. Counsel for plaintiffs in motorcycle accident case. $704,250.00-jury verdict upheld on appeal.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy – Civil Trial Advocate. The only board certification recognized by the Ohio Supreme Court for Litigation.
- Ohio Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA), President
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Ohio Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2005 - 2009
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
Events and Presentations
- J.D., Capital University Law School, 1979
- B.A., Ohio State University, 1975
Bar and Court Admissions
- Ohio, 1979
- Ohio State Courts
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 1980
- United States Supreme Court, 1982
- United States Court of Claims, 1990