A paralegal in the Trusts and Estates practice group of our Toledo office, Janna has extensive experience in trust and estate administrations, including:
- Valuing, transferring, and distributing trust, probate and non-probate assets
- Preparing inventories, fiduciary’s accounts, and various other pleadings for filing with the court
- Transferring and liquidation of stocks
- Maintaining and balancing fiduciary bank accounts
- Assisting with wrongful death action claims, will contests, and guardianships
She also has experience in transferring real estate, including preparing various deeds and affidavits, recording documents, and assisting with real estate closings. Additionally, she has experience in preparing federal and state estate tax returns, as well as federal and state estate, trust and personal income tax returns.
Janna enjoys the legal aspect of handling estate and trust planning and administration, as well as being able to work directly with the clients and build a relationship with them. She has gained extensive experience by working through many different scenarios and situations while also working with several types of business and financial institutions developing professional contacts that benefit the client.
Away from work Janna enjoys spending her time doing activities with her kids and family, such as camping, hiking, and watching her family participate in sports. She also enjoys scrapbooking their memories and gardening.