John specializes in preparing and prosecuting patent applications for inventions relating to highly technical subject matters, including:
- Semiconductor and solid state devices
- Electro-optics and optics
- Printed antennas and antenna systems
- Satellite systems and controls
- Vehicle stability control and handling systems
- Additive manufacturing systems
- Medium voltage power distribution network components and controls
- Aircraft systems and controls
- Computer algorithms and software
- Spine surgery devices and instrumentation
Additionally, John’s practice includes client counseling and drafting various intellectual property opinions, including patentability opinions, validity opinions, non-infringement opinions, and freedom to practice opinions.
Before becoming a lawyer, John was a patent examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. John examined hundreds of patent applications for inventions relating to mass spectrometers, electron microscopes, ion implantation devices, and many other technologies in the radiant energy classification.