Focusing on health care law and commercial litigation, clients turn to Sarah for sound strategic advice. She counsels businesses, business owners, and employees from a variety of industries, including health care, banking and financial institutions, manufacturing, transportation, and distribution.
On the health care side of Sarah’s practice, she serves as part of a team of outside counsel for a large local hospital handling a full range of regulatory, compliance, transactional, contract, and business matters. She also advises clients on matters including:
- Health care reform
- Consumer protection laws
- Fraud and abuse laws
- Stark Law
- Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Corporate compliance programs
- Corporate governance
- State licensure
- Other federal and state regulatory matters
As a commercial litigator, Sarah regularly represents clients in non-compete litigation and other business disputes. Understanding such matters typically require her clients to move quickly. Sarah’s strong organizational and communication skills enable her to efficiently and effectively assess the merit of a dispute and execute a prosecution or defense that fits the legal and business needs of her clients.
In addition to Sarah’s busy practice, she is recognized as a leader within the firm as the chair of Shumaker's Women's Leadership Initiative, a part of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Represents hospital systems and physician practices on day-to-day compliance concerns and questions.
- Negotiates and drafts contracts for hospitals and health care practices.
- Represents health care practitioners in business transactions.
- Represents hospitals and physicians in medical staff and board inquiries.
- Represents clients in non-compete litigation with training from one of Florida’s non-compete statute drafters.
- Counsels businesses and professionals in a variety of business disputes in and out of court.
- Florida Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine, 2017, 2018
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Chair, Community Services Committee - 2011-2013
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Leadership Institute, Class of 2010-2011
- Lawyer Magazine, former Editorial Board member
- American Bar Association
- Best of Tampa Bay
- Straz Center for the Performing Arts, Broadway Ball After Hours Committee, Taste @ The Straz Committee, Co-chair - 2018-2019
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP Women's Leadership Initiative, Chair
|06.18.2018||Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP Attorneys Named 2018 Florida Super Lawyers and 2018 Florida Rising Stars|
|01.18.2018||Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP Announces Five New Partners|
|06.08.2017||Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP Attorneys Named 2017 Florida Super Lawyers® and 2017 Florida Rising Stars|
|04.11.2016||Dozens of Restaurants and Breweries Join Forces for Best of Tampa Bay Fundraiser|
|01.19.2016||Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP Attorneys Partner with Hillsborough County Medical Association|
|03.27.2013||Sarah M. Glaser Joins Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP|
|03.01.2013||"Community Service Improves Lawyers' Skills," Lawyer Magazine|
|09.01.2012||"Tools You Need to Succeed: A Guide for Giving Back," Lawyer Magazine|
|03.01.2012||"Raising Awareness," Lawyer Magazine, Co-Authors Amy R. Nath, Zachary J. Glaser|
|02.01.2012||"HCBA Members Active in the Community During the Holidays," Lawyer Magazine|
|11.01.2011||"Philanthropy's Many Faces," Lawyer Magazine|
|09.01.2011||"HCBA Looks Toward a Year of Service to Our Community," Lawyer Magazine|
|06.01.2011||"HCBA Helps Victims of Abuse at the Family Justice Center," Lawyer Magazine|
Events and Presentations
|10.11.2016||Co-Speaker, "Ethically Marketing and Developing Your Practice," Cheatwood Inn of Court|
|06.01.2010||Co-Speaker, "Florida's Uniform Trade Secrets Act," The Florida Bar's Annual Conference|
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2007
- M.B.A., Stetson University College of Law, 2007
- B.S., magna cum laude, Industrial Management, Minor in Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 2004
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida, 2008
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2009
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2011
- United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2014